Welcome to my blog!
If you don't want to miss a thing - sign up for free posts & see my new paintings hot off the easel by entering your email address ( box in the right hand column).
Thanks for visiting!

Tuesday, 14 June 2011

1478 Oh Butterfly

6" x 6" acrylics on canvas  to bid on this painting click   HERE

This is the last of 3 floral paintings I did at the week-end. Now it's back to oils once again and I have to say that's my first love. I like the consistency of oils, much stiffer and stickier than acrylics although it was nice to use acrylics once again and believe me I have a drawer full of them begging to be used!
The butterfly adorned one of my flowers in the garden, I can't think of the flower's name at the moment, one of my favourites though.

2 comments:

Carol Blackburn said...

Lovely one, Diana. Hope you are having a great week. I have three days off in which to paint, paint, paint (yes, in that order)!

Katy said...

I love the colors and great job on the butterfly. I usually find painted butterflies kitschy, but this one looks so natural I can just imagine it fluttering off to the next flower :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...