Welcome to my blog!
If you don't want to miss a thing - sign up for free posts & see my new paintings hot off the easel by entering your email address ( box in the right hand column).
Thanks for visiting!

Tuesday, 7 June 2011

1472 With Cherries on Top SOLD

12" x 9" oil on gessoed panel,framed

I just bought some more oil paint from my favourite art store I always seem to come out with more stuff than is on my list, I guess I'm like a kid in a sweet shop, I just can't resist! I bought a tube of Winsor & Newton Vandyke brown a colour I have never used before and I tried it out this morning on a new still life, it's a rich purply brown that is translucent, I know you are supposed to mix your own browns but it's nice to have one ready and I like this one a lot, do you have any favourite colours?

1 comment:

suzanneberry said...

it's lovely diana! the first thing that came to mind because of the red, white and blue was "union jack: deconstructed!" silly. sorry. still it's just lovely. your highlights are beautiful, i feel as if i can reach in and pick each piece up! beautiful!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...