Welcome to my blog!
If you don't want to miss a thing - sign up for free posts & see my new paintings hot off the easel by entering your email address ( box in the right hand column).
Thanks for visiting!

Wednesday, 25 May 2011

1466 Siblings nfs

30 x 30 cm oil on linen nfs

Just finished this double portrait of a brother and sister, the photo I had to work from was taken indoors with a flash and wasn't the best quality image to work from, but saying that, I managed to get what I hope is a passable likeness. I do prefer to work from my own photos and to meet the clients and then I can position them in a more pleasing pose and get more interest and emotion into the finished portrait and also portray some of their personality too..

1 comment:

suzanneberry said...

i know what you mean about positioning, lighting and not so optimal reference photos, however you did an incredible job!! i'm sure they will be completely thrilled with this diana! beautiful!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...