Welcome to my blog!
If you don't want to miss a thing - sign up for free posts & see my new paintings hot off the easel by entering your email address ( box in the right hand column).
Thanks for visiting!

Friday, 8 April 2011

1441 Spring is Here Daffs!

6" x 6" oil on panel 

This little daffodil I picked from my garden to do a quick daily painting, that was the plan anyway and you would think looking at this painting that it's an easy one and for some reason I couldn't get it right, the colours and the tones and it almost ended in the bin, but this morning I changed the colour of the background and it livened it up no end, and I'm liking it a lot better now. I guess you can't win them all!

3 comments:

Kimberly Vanlandingham said...

I'm glad you didn't toss this one! It's lovely!!

Carol DeMumbrum said...

Love it!! Glad you did not give up on it, because it is beautiful. Love the colors and the looseness.

Diana Marshall said...

Thanks girls, it's nice to get such encouraging comments, it's easy to lose confidence!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...