Welcome to my blog!
If you don't want to miss a thing - sign up for free posts & see my new paintings hot off the easel by entering your email address ( box in the right hand column).
Thanks for visiting!

Wednesday, 20 April 2011

1449 Rhodis

7" x 5" oil on panel  

I came across these Rhododendrons yesterday while on a visit to Newbridge House park, the bush was huge, at least 12 foot high and wide, it was in full bloom and how spectacular it looked.

I visited the park because it also had a farm within the grounds, I was hoping to get some useful ref. photos. Although they had many species of chickens they were in coops surrounded by fine wire mesh so I ended up taking photos of the wire rather than the chickens which was rather dissapointing, still I got some good photos,of lambs and kids (goat variety!) and other farm animals. The weather has been perfect for the last couple of days, blue sky and warm sunshine making the spring country side even more beautiful, long may it continue.

2 comments:

suzanneberry said...

this is just lovely diana. beautifully done! it's cold and damp here. enjoy the beautiful weather.

Kimberly Vanlandingham said...

I love seeing those in bloom! Lovely painting!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...