Welcome to my blog!
If you don't want to miss a thing - sign up for free posts & see my new paintings hot off the easel by entering your email address ( box in the right hand column).
Thanks for visiting!

Thursday, 14 April 2011

1445 I'm Not Chicken!

 6" x 6" oil on canvas sides painted,      to purchase  click here 

This feisty looking chicken I painted for the DPW painting challenge, I really enjoyed painting her and those dark shiny eyes looking at me.

Click  to see all the marvelous entries   here

I read on somebodies blog how to mix a beautiful black - phalo green + alizarin crimson, so I tried it out for the eyes and it does make a great black, I sometimes use burnt umber plus ultramarine blue to mix black too.

3 comments:

Carol Blackburn said...

Great chicken, Diana....sounds like the mixed black for eyes would be better than straight black as it would show colors like eye fluid would reflect. Awesome.

carol morgan carmichael said...

Great job on this chicken. I will have to remember your dark mix. I have used al crimson, veridian and ultra marine blue.
I LOVE your kitty pictures!

Gwen Bell said...

Great job on the challenge! I'm going to have to try that black formula. Love the little kitty in the post above this one too.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...