Welcome to my blog!
If you don't want to miss a thing - sign up for free posts & see my new paintings hot off the easel by entering your email address ( box in the right hand column).
Thanks for visiting!

Monday, 25 April 2011

1452 Day's End

20" x 20" oil on deep gallery wrapped canvas, sides painted

Getting bigger...gradually, must say rather daunting to sit in front of a canvas that's not 6" x 6" I had to find some big brushes and boy did I use tons of paint. I think this is finally finished after three or four days of work and a number of layers of paint. I may still tweek it tomorrow but for now I've had enough. Photographing larger paintings is also not as simple as small ones, I found that my room is too small to back up enough to get a good shot and as the canvas was very wet, I didn't want to move it around the house. I have bought some even larger canvases, 6 to be exact, and now I have to figure out what I am going to fill up all that space with!

1 comment:

Linda Nickles said...

The sun's reflection in the wet sand is beautiful, Diana. I also love how you carried the the reflections out into the water, but very softly. Nice job!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...