Welcome to my blog!
If you don't want to miss a thing - sign up for free posts & see my new paintings hot off the easel by entering your email address ( box in the right hand column).
Thanks for visiting!

Friday, 11 March 2011

1426 Three in a Row

6" x 6" oil on canvas board, palette knife painting.

After painting two very tight paintings I decided to get out my trusty palette knife and cut loose and paint a picture without the constraints of total accuracy and where artistic licence is used!  I love both styles equally, although I don't think that I could paint in one or the other style exclusively.

3 comments:

Kimberly Vanlandingham said...

I tried to vote for you for the contest, but I'm not a member of facebook, so couldn't. I thought your painting Lily was just beautiful though!!!

Linda Nickles said...

This looks as though it was fun to paint . . . nice and loose, and full of bold color. Great job!

Kathy Cousart said...

Diana,
This is really wonderful. Love the brushwork and the colors are clean and fresh! Very fun composition.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...