Welcome to my blog!
If you don't want to miss a thing - sign up for free posts & see my new paintings hot off the easel by entering your email address ( box in the right hand column).
Thanks for visiting!

Sunday, 13 March 2011

1427 Safely Harboured

10" x 8" = 25.4 x 20.3 oil on panel

Another boat scene painted with a palette knife. These little fishing boats were harboured in a fishing port close to where I used to live in Spain. You can see the mounds of neatly stacked fishing nets on the narrow docks ready for the next days action.  When I used to walk my dog along the beach I could watch the little boats chugging out to sea very early in the mornings and come back again around five in the evenings, hopefully fully loaded. It was wonderful to be able to buy really fresh and inexpensive fish at the local market too.

2 comments:

Carol DeMumbrum said...

Great job with the palette knife! I have not tried to paint a whole painting yet. I would love to visit Spain and experience life there. Fresh fish sounds wonderful!!!

Gary Keimig said...

great reds Dianne. nice brush work.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...