Welcome to my blog!
If you don't want to miss a thing - sign up for free posts & see my new paintings hot off the easel by entering your email address ( box in the right hand column).
Thanks for visiting!

Wednesday, 23 March 2011

1432 Is That a Bird?

40 x 30 centimeters aprox. 12" x 16" oil on canvas

Loved painting this one although I found it hard not to keep 'improving' it and fiddling and changing stuff, whether it really improves my paintings I don't know! I am trying to build up a body of work - cat paintings so that I will have plenty to choose from when I exhibit in the summer.

5 comments:

Carol Blackburn said...

I love your cat paintings, Diana...he's excitement is evident. May I suggest a few hairs sticking up on his back to show excitement might be the final touch. I do love it.

Sheila said...

I'm so envious of your talented ways of combining light and the feline figure. This is gorgeous!

Kimberly Vanlandingham said...

You do have a way with cats!!!! Wonderful!

suzanneberry said...

Oooo, diana i LOVE this!! the body work is incredible and the blues and lavs in the couch are a prefect compliment to the warmth of his coat! stunning job!!!

Gwen Bell said...

This jumped right out on my sidebar! LOVE that body language! The sweet kitty looks to be on high alert...just charming!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...