Welcome to my blog!
If you don't want to miss a thing - sign up for free posts & see my new paintings hot off the easel by entering your email address ( box in the right hand column).
Thanks for visiting!

Friday, 18 March 2011

1430 Close Contact SOLD

10" x 5" = 25.4 x 12.7cms oil in panel

I have been labouring on this painting for days now and I have finally declared it finished!

I had been looking for a piece of dark wood to use in some of my still life set ups, and have searched everywhere, even looked in skips! Then one day I was in my local charity shop and found an old oak drawer it was full of stuff on the floor and almost didn't notice it, it was very dirty and dilapidated and I bought it for a Euro. Once home I cleaned it up and oiled some of the surfaces with olive oil and left some dirty. I thought that it would be perfect surface to set these pears on, for this very tightly painted still life.

4 comments:

suzanneberry said...

and you were right! the dark wood showcase the bright pears perfectly. and so well done, just beautiful diana, wonderful feeling.

Kimberly Vanlandingham said...

I agree. Well done!

Gwen Bell said...

Your Still Lives have such a Masterful look. Love the contrast of the light fruit against the dark wood. Simply delicious!

sam said...

Beautiful job Diana!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...