Welcome to my blog!
If you don't want to miss a thing - sign up for free posts & see my new paintings hot off the easel by entering your email address ( box in the right hand column).
Thanks for visiting!

Wednesday, 16 February 2011

1414 Rose

7" x 5" oil on gessoed panel

I painted this for the Daily Paintworks Challenge set by Qiang Huang. This is my second attempt the first I painted yesterday on black gessoed panel. Looking at it today I decided to paint this subject again but this time I changed to a light coloured panel it was much easier to get the tones right and this version is a lot looser than yesterday's version and I think a lot better.

5 comments:

Carol Blackburn said...

Very beautifully done, Diana. :)

Kay said...

wow..I like this one!

Happy Little Trees Studio said...

Beautiful!!

Anne's Original Hooked Rugs said...

This Rose is just adorable; so life like...another great job, as usual...

Art with Liz said...

This is lovely and painterly - I find roses incredibly difficult to paint, but you don't seem to have that problem!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...