Welcome to my blog!
If you don't want to miss a thing - sign up for free posts & see my new paintings hot off the easel by entering your email address ( box in the right hand column).
Thanks for visiting!

Friday, 25 February 2011

1419 A Bit Off the Top

6" x 6" oil on panel

I have been enjoying painting reflective surfaces as it can add more interest to a still life. I really need to start painting some larger ones again too, but the big canvases look so daunting, so I chicken out and reach for my small panels and say 'Manana'

I'm going to be taking some ref photos at the week-end of a long haired black and white kitty called Imelda, hope I get some useable shots. I need to be painting more cats as I will be exhibiting at a show in London in August if all goes well, so got to get my skates on.

2 comments:

Carol Blackburn said...

Beautifully done, Diana. Look forward to more of you wonderful cat paintings, too.

Dana Cooper said...

I love the strong reflective metal you have painted here Diana, it's beautiful!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...