Welcome to my blog!
If you don't want to miss a thing - sign up for free posts & see my new paintings hot off the easel by entering your email address ( box in the right hand column).
Thanks for visiting!

Wednesday, 19 January 2011

1397 Plum Escape SOLD

6" x 6" oil on canvas board
I am trying to decide whether I should keep up my endeavour to paint more loosely or just accept the fact that I am a perfectionist at heart and go with that. I do admire artists who can portray an image with a few brush strokes that is easily recognizable to the viewer.  I have such a hard time with that I correct my paintings to death ;(  and I can't seem to change that in my style.

2 comments:

Happy Little Trees Studio said...

I'm with you. I've really been working loosely and hope I can continue. It was a hard change for me, but now, I love it. I like this little still life too.

Crystal Cook said...

Oh my heck I do the exact same thing! Personally I think your style of painting is beautiful, I wouldn't change a thing! But I know how you feel, I keep going back and forth on this too. I think I've pretty much decided to just paint the way that feels right to me. Although a little experimentation is good from time to time. :) I really like the colors in this one.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...