Welcome to my blog!
If you don't want to miss a thing - sign up for free posts & see my new paintings hot off the easel by entering your email address ( box in the right hand column).
Thanks for visiting!

Wednesday, 1 December 2010

1379 Lily

12" x 10" oil on linen stretched canvas

I have used only two colours for this painting, cobalt blue and light red plus white, as an experiment and enjoyed the process very much. My aim was to make her sweet face the focus of the painting making all other parts secondary and only play supporting roles, I am pleased with the feel of this piece.
We have loads of snow at the moment and it's quite dismal outside which made photographing of this piece a bit of a headache as the colour and value changes are so subtle.


I am always looking for new directions and subjects maybe I jump around too much, but I get excited by so many ideas that I want to try out I just can't keep to one theme or style for long. I guess that's the joy of  being creative.

4 comments:

Carol Blackburn said...

Really nice one, Diana. Interesting perspective.

Carol Schiff Studio said...

Really, two colors!! Great exercise. My first thought when this painting came up on the screen was "Now that is a little Irish girl".

Her expression is almost haunting.

Carol DeMumbrum said...

I love how her little freckled face is the focus. Her eyes sparkle. :) You are so right about the joy of creativity.

Vern Schwarz said...

She's a little cutie. You did a great job using just two colours, making her skin and hair the focus.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...