Welcome to my blog!
If you don't want to miss a thing - sign up for free posts & see my new paintings hot off the easel by entering your email address ( box in the right hand column).
Thanks for visiting!

Wednesday, 8 December 2010

1382 Captured

18" x 14" mixed media on canvas      CLICK ON IMAGE TO ENLARGE

Really happy with how this one turned out, I started  with a vague idea of what I wanted and then it took on a life of it's own and I went with it! There is lots of different textures on this canvas and materials from rice paper to cheese cloth and rough pumice stone texture at the bottom, structure mediums and metalic paints as well, needless to say I got paint on the walls which always seems to happen when I start flicking paint around. I had to rescue a couple of other paintings that got hit with stray paint!


This was the scene a couple of days ago taken from my painting room window! It's sunny today and makes the snow look pretty.

4 comments:

Carol Schiff Studio said...

BRRRRRRRRRRRRR!

Carol Blackburn said...

Love it, Diana. I see a blue figure reaching up out of the abyss. Do you see what I see?

suzanneberry said...

diana, this is STUNNING!!!! i was drawn to it right away and can't stop looking at it! i love the textures and palette, they weave together beautifully! one of my favorite pieces this year!

Diana Marshall said...

Thanks Carol, everybody that looks at that painting sees something different, which I think is the purpose of this abstract.

Thanks Suzanne that is such a wonderful comment coming from one of my favourite artists!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...