Welcome to my blog!
If you don't want to miss a thing - sign up for free posts & see my new paintings hot off the easel by entering your email address ( box in the right hand column).
Thanks for visiting!

Tuesday, 21 December 2010

1387 Almost Christmas

8" x 10 oil on canvas panel

I photographed this by artificial light as it starts getting dark around 3.30 here, so probably not the best pic. This is a view today out my living room window onto my front privet hedge and gate, you can see what the weather is like here! I swept my front path twice today and of course it snowed again as soon as I was finished each time.... I bought this lovely Poinsettia yesterday and I thought that I would paint it in all it's glory, with a back-drop of snow to set it off nicely
My hubby arrived this morning jet lagged from Atlanta GA, fortunately the airport here was cleared of snow, good thing he didn't get a later flight! Haven't seen him since the summer which is a looong time. He's snoozing at the moment so I thought I'd grab the chance to paint a quick pic!

8 comments:

sam said...

Its horrible when it gets dark so ealry, youve certainly brightened things up with this painting! Best wishes to you and your family)

Carol Blackburn said...

Hi Diana, I love your poinsettia painting. One of the very best I've ever seen. Nice to have your hubby home for Christmas. Wishing you and yours a beautiful Christmas and blessed New Year.

Bonnie Heather said...

I love your poinsettia. Would make a nice Christmas card.

rob ijbema said...

love the effect
works so well!

Vicky said...

This is so pretty, Diana! Glad you husband made it safely home. Enjoy the holidays!

Dana Cooper said...

Lovely Diana...such a lovely reminder of the season. Merry Christmas!

Happy Little Trees Studio said...

Wonderful painting!!! Merry Christmas!

Julie Hill said...

A lovely Poinsettia painting Diana. I came via Dana's Blog...and am enjoying your work. Merry Christmas!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...