Welcome to my blog!
If you don't want to miss a thing - sign up for free posts & see my new paintings hot off the easel by entering your email address ( box in the right hand column).
Thanks for visiting!

Friday, 5 November 2010

1369 Three's Company SOLD

14" x 10" oil on linen 

This is one of those paintings I am particularly pleased with, it was a labour of love painting the artichokes but I think worth the effort. The still life set-up I found in my kitchen on a counter top with the sunlight streaming in  through my patio doors onto the side of the vegetables (or is that fruit and thistles) and thought ' that would make an interesting painting'
Hope you like it, always pleased to get comments and feedback from you lovely folk out there. Thanks.

7 comments:

Carol Blackburn said...

I like it very much, Diana. The abstractness of the background is interesting. I know you explained it but it almost looks like these are sitting atop a piano except for the fact that along the left it is solid and not black and white keys. Might just be the way I see it.

Millie said...

It's beautiful, Diana. It's hard to get the right shade of green sometimes, but you did a great job here with the green artichokes. And the light and dark here look nice and perfect. Bravo!

suzanneberry said...

this is so beautifully done! the play of shadow and light is stunning!

Gwen Bell said...

WOW! Gorgeous! Love those artichokes and the color looks so great next to the orange pumpkin. Beautiful light!

Cheri Wollenberg said...

It is a beautiful painting. I love the green artichokes. I can tell you enjoyed painting them. It has great form. Your handling of values makes it very striking.

Carol Schiff Studio said...

This is Diana Marshall at her best! Just wonderful, rich colors, a little moody...perfect.

sam said...

Youve done a great job Diana, the colours work well together and I love the light and dark, really makes them stand out.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...