Welcome to my blog!
If you don't want to miss a thing - sign up for free posts & see my new paintings hot off the easel by entering your email address ( box in the right hand column).
Thanks for visiting!

Tuesday, 16 November 2010

1373 Sweet Sensation SOLD

7" x 5" oil on panel
I found this lovely red pear at the local market along with his three brothers in a packet and the name on the label I used as the title, no scratching my head to think of a title, its probably cheating, but what the heck!

Do any of you procrastinate like me? I seem to be great at doing that, I can spend my time putzing around, not doing an aweful lot, thinking I'd like to be painting, but I find it so hard to start for reasons I can't figure out! Oh well I guess I get there in the end though.

3 comments:

Carol DeMumbrum said...

I love the background color on this. Such a calm and soothing painting. Diana, you are doing beautiful work! I also procrastinate. I need to be working on a painting I started yesterday, but I am in the blogosphere. Glad I was led to your blog.:)

bricarwaller said...

I am the ultimate procrastinator, look at me procrastinating as I type, on my blog instead of painting or cleaning:( I had a professor in college that said that all perfectionists are procrastinators, because you're just not happy and there is always something more that can be done. I do love your "Sweet Sensation" and it came with its own title doesn't get much better than that. I love the simplicity of the composition which allows all of your focus on your splendid pear. Wonderful colors and perspective.

Gary Keimig said...

great title. Nice painting.
Thanks for your comment on my blog. I had to do another similar painting as I got the ize wrong on the one I did for a fund raiser. Ahh! lol

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...