Welcome to my blog!
If you don't want to miss a thing - sign up for free posts & see my new paintings hot off the easel by entering your email address ( box in the right hand column).
Thanks for visiting!

Thursday, 18 November 2010

1374 First Frost

10" x 8" = 25.4 x 20.3 cms acrylic on canvas panel

There has been heavy frosts this last week which looks pretty when you are looking at it through the window of a cosy room! It looks especially magical when the sun hits the crystals making them sparkle.

I dug out my acrylic paints that have been languishing in a drawer for ages, and they were perfect for this palette knife painting and less messy than oils. They were easier to work with because of the fast drying time which means that you can add many layers and do alterations fairly quickly without the risk of smudging the lower layers. I really had fun painting this one.

4 comments:

Carol Blackburn said...

Wow, Diana.........you captured the look of the heavy frost so beautifully. I've seen this thing before and it can be so beautiful hanging on the trees and shrubs. Nice to look at while passing by in a warm car, too.

sam said...

You have really captured that chilly look superb! We too have had a bit of frost, time for the wooly hat!

Carol Schiff Studio said...

I am amazed! When I saw this painting I thought "that is very complex and took some time", but you write about it as if it were a piece of cake. Doesn't look like a palette knife painting either. Beautiful!

Gwen Bell said...

Love the way you've portrayed the ice covered grass in this Winter Wonderland. You've really capture the feeling and atmosphere. Brrrr! Beautiful

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...