Welcome to my blog!
If you don't want to miss a thing - sign up for free posts & see my new paintings hot off the easel by entering your email address ( box in the right hand column).
Thanks for visiting!

Tuesday, 9 November 2010

1371 Baby Shoes (Commission)

35 x 24 cms oil on hard board

This is a commissioned painting, painted for a fellow artist that I met at a recent art exhibition, who was very helpful and informative to me. He liked my shoe paintings and remembered that he had a baby shoe from his grown up daughter in his tool box that he had brought with him. I had to be a bit creative painting a pair only having the right shoe, also I have left room for him to attach the real shoe on the bottom of the painting.

7 comments:

Carol Blackburn said...

Oh so nice, Diana. I bet he loved it.

Bonnie Heather said...

You are so talented. Very nicely done.

Dana Cooper said...

Precious Diana!!

sam said...

Thats brilliant Diana, I think shoes are a great subject of yours)

Kay said...

wonderful painting

Millie said...

How cute the toddler's shoes look in your painting. It is smart to use the plain background to bring out the focus of the shoes.

Crystal Cook said...

What a fantastic idea! And I can just imagine how pleased he must be with this painting. What great memories!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...