Welcome to my blog!
If you don't want to miss a thing - sign up for free posts & see my new paintings hot off the easel by entering your email address ( box in the right hand column).
Thanks for visiting!

Tuesday, 5 October 2010

Talking Art

8" x 10" oil on panel
I was in the middle of painting two kittens when I suddenly needed a kitty break and paint something else. I had a hankering to paint some figures and looked through the photos that I took on the last exhibition and found one of my artist neighbour chatting to a prospective client  who was standing with his wife, but all you could see of her was a hand and a foot which looked rather odd, so well was she blocked out by her husband. I decided to leave her out of the picture, everything went well until I got to the face in profile and that took me the longest time to get it to resemble Liam half way.
It is late and the light is almost gone so this isn't the best photo of the painting, I might re-photograph it tomorrow and then its back to the kitteehs...

6 comments:

sam said...

Great job Diana, and really interesting composition, you just want to know what they're talking about)

suzanneberry said...

What a wonderful way to take a break from the kittens! I love this Diana!

suzanneberry said...

me again, just checking to see if my comment posted. just in case this is incredible!!

Anne's Original Hooked Rugs said...

Love all your paintings, my special one would be the "October Kitty"

Carol Blackburn said...

Very nicely done, Diana. A tricky subject too with all those little paintings in the background.

Vicky said...

I like this one, too, and wonder what they are discussing!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...