Welcome to my blog!
If you don't want to miss a thing - sign up for free posts & see my new paintings hot off the easel by entering your email address ( box in the right hand column).
Thanks for visiting!

Thursday, 7 October 2010

A Practice Pear

7" x 5" oil on gessoed panel
I have spent the day painting this pear, I purchased an on line alla prima painting course by Jonathan Aller and this is the resulting painting. A very different way of painting than I normally use and much cleaner, me I mean!!  I am usually covered in paint and have to suit up before I start lol ! I can recommend this short course if you are interested in painting like he does. You watch him paint every part of the painting on videos on youtube with commentary, really easy to follow instructions. Check out his blog .
and see for yourselves.

2 comments:

Lori Bonanni said...

Diana, Wow great job on this! Very realistic!

Carol Blackburn said...

This is wonderful, Diana. Hard to tell it from the genuine article.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...