Welcome to my blog!
If you don't want to miss a thing - sign up for free posts & see my new paintings hot off the easel by entering your email address ( box in the right hand column).
Thanks for visiting!

Friday, 8 October 2010

1360 Move Over SOLD


8" x 6" oil on gessoed panel   

Well I thought that I would try out my newly aquired skills, I remembered that I had a couple of likely subjects in my fridge, set em up and away I went, the trick I have discovered is not to use much paint and blend a lot almost like dry brushing, it is amazing how far a little paint goes. I am quite pleased with this but painting like this is much slower and I'm a bit impatient, still if the result is good I guess it's worth it.

9 comments:

Claire Beadon Carnell said...

This is beautiful - especially that warm light enveloping the pears. I just did three pear paintings, and am thinking of doing another - aren't they fun to paint?

Sharon Wright said...

Wow, fantastic! You sure learn new stuff quickly, give me your brain!

dominique eichi said...

BEAUTIFUL pair/pears !

Carol Blackburn said...

These are wonderful pears, Diana. A wonderful skill you've acquired. I'm finding the same thing lately with my painting about using less paint to get better results.

Carol DeMumbrum said...

Beautiful!! I love the warmth. What kind of brush are you using??

Dana Cooper said...

The result is great Diana, really beautiful!!

Dana Cooper said...

p.s. pearathon.com would love this!

Gwen Bell said...

Excellent work! Love those rusty spots on the pears and the soft glow of the entire piece. Your pear looks fabulous too!

Regina Calton Burchett said...

These are so shiny, roundly, plumply beautiful! I love your colors and composition.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...