Welcome to my blog!
If you don't want to miss a thing - sign up for free posts & see my new paintings hot off the easel by entering your email address ( box in the right hand column).
Thanks for visiting!

Friday, 10 September 2010

1351 Gone Rowing

 7" x 5" = 9.5" x 7.5" oil on panel, framed
This is a new size board for me but I quite like it, tried to stay loose, but my old correcting brush kept dancing around, I just can't help myself!

I went to my daughter's rowing club for their annual regatta earlier this year and when the girls got into their boat they took off their shoes, which was great for me, so there I was sneaking around taking pics of discarded sneakers, and trying to do it so nobody would think I had a few screws loose!

5 comments:

Carol Blackburn said...

I know exactly how you feel, Diana. Sometimes you can feel like a voyeur taking photos or that screw loose thing that you mentioned. The sneakers came out real nice........

Dancing Brush by Cheri said...

I understand also about that loose stuff....I will stand back and look at something I've painted. I will like it as it is and see one thing that I think needs fixing and before you know it.....the whole thing has been corrected until it has lost it's life....however, you have done a fabulous job on this painting. Painting on 5x7 is confining and you did it superbly!

Kerri Settle said...

Ha, I think we can all relate to the picture-taking thing. But I'll take a few weird looks if it means I come out with a good reference for a future painting!

suzanneberry said...

these are perfect. i love the cool palette with a hint of purples on the bottom. lovely. i know what you mean. i took the camera out yesterday and felt so uncomfortable, but that's where the great subject matter is.

thank you so much for your lovely comment and good wishes for my blog friend. i really appreciate them.

Carol Schiff Studio said...

Nice. I think you have a great balance between loose and tight. Everyone talks about "being loose" but I notice the art publicaions and many of the artists who sell really well are not loose at all. Many are photo realistic, so we all have to find out balance...I think you have done this!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...