Welcome to my blog!
If you don't want to miss a thing - sign up for free posts & see my new paintings hot off the easel by entering your email address ( box in the right hand column).
Thanks for visiting!

Wednesday, 15 September 2010

1354 Gone Rowing 4 - oil painting,framed by Diana Marshall

7" x 5" = 9.5" x 7.5" oil on panel, framed 
The fourth and last of my gone rowing series. I painted these four on boards primed with black gesso so painting black shoes on a black ground was not as easy as it sounds, but if we don't challenge ourselves then we stay in a rut.

I like painting in series and have been following a few, Carol Nelson did a series of 100 portraits in the Fauvist style and at the moment Karin Jurick is in the middle of her series of 100 4 x 4inch  portraits. I'm not sure I could manage 100 that requires a lot of commitment and ref photos, so I will stick with mini-series for the moment, maybe a challenge for the future.

5 comments:

Pam Holnback said...

They're all great shoes. I could see 100 of them over a long period of time!

Caroline Bray Art said...

Wow, black on black is very impressive! It's great to see you challenging yourself and with great results too - I think the black under the white gives real depth and atmosphere. Looking forward to your own 100 series, one day ;)

suzanneberry said...

Oh Diana, I love these. What a great idea! It is quite a challenge painting black on black, but you certainly prevailed, with incredible results.

Bonnie Heather said...

I agree with you Diana; get out of the rut. I think you did a great job of painting black on black. These shoes have a lot of depth.

Carol Blackburn said...

So nice, Diana. Enjoy your day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...