Welcome to my blog!
If you don't want to miss a thing - sign up for free posts & see my new paintings hot off the easel by entering your email address ( box in the right hand column).
Thanks for visiting!

Monday, 30 August 2010

1346 Resting Amidst the Reeds SOLD

8" x 10" oil on panel

To get myself warmed up and loose, I decided to get out my trusty palette knives and have a go at another boat painting, I chose a larger panel and that helped a lot getting around the painting surface with a knife, having more room to work on really made things easier.

4 comments:

Vicky said...

I envy you the ability to transition from detail to being more loose; especially with the knives. So very hard for me to let go. I need to learn from you and just 'do it'.

Diana Marshall said...

Thanks Vicky for your comments, using a palette knife forces you to be loose, something I find hard to do with a brush, I am too much of a perfectionist for my own good!

Art with Liz said...

Fabulous texture - palette knife painting either works or it doesn't, and this certainly does work!

Nicki said...

Hi Diana,

Thanks for your recent comment on my blog. I'm home right now with both kids at school in the morning for the first time and it isn't easy! Sniff sniff.

This is really an interesting painting. I love the texture the knife is giving your work. I scrolled through and looked at several of your past paintings. Amazing what you can do with that tool and you are right, it lends a looser feel to the work. I still love your detailed kitty's though! "Here's Looking At You" is stunning. Very dramatic.

Take care,

Nicki

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...