Welcome to my blog!
If you don't want to miss a thing - sign up for free posts & see my new paintings hot off the easel by entering your email address ( box in the right hand column).
Thanks for visiting!

Sunday, 8 August 2010

1338 Cloud Reflections


16" x 20" oil on gallery wrapped canvas , sides painted

It has taken me 2 days to photograph this one to get the colours right and the light and darks, so this is as good as it's going to get!
The scene is from one of my many pics I shot in Connemara area in Co Galway, which is in the west of Ireland, a beautiful place full of wild scenery and ever changing vistas, a place that draws many visitors both from home and abroad.

6 comments:

Gwen Bell said...

This really has such a beautiful atmosphere! Love the areas that go bright gold. Wonderful reflections in the water as well.

DEB said...

This is so pretty! My husband's family, and their last name "Keirce" are from County Galway in Ireland. He's never been there, but we named our kids all Irish names and I have always promised our daughter Shannon I'd take her to see the river she's named after someday.

Diana Marshall said...

Thanks Gwen, yes the atmosphere was special there, as the weather was constantly changing and the landscape could look so different in a matter of minutes.

Deb you must come over with your family I think you would love the area it is so pretty.

Vicky said...

Oh, Diana, this is so beautiful! I love the darkening sky and how you captured the blues and reflected them on the center and right mountains!

Kerri Settle said...

Gorgeous, and with such a beautiful atmosphere.

I know the joys of trying to photograph paintings all too well, I photograph mine outside and have to hope the weather decides to cooperate with me, otherwise it means several trips over several days to get a photograph that's actually usable!

Pam Holnback said...

Beautiful reflections.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...