Welcome to my blog!
If you don't want to miss a thing - sign up for free posts & see my new paintings hot off the easel by entering your email address ( box in the right hand column).
Thanks for visiting!

Monday, 12 July 2010

1329 'Reluctant Poser'

9" x 12" oil on canvas
This cat belongs to my artist friend Belinda, I asked whether I could get some shots of her 3 cats, we only managed to corner one and he wasn't fond of the attention just wanting to get back to his cosy perch on Belinda's bed. The minute after I took the ref photo he struggled out of her arms and was gone.

7 comments:

Lynda Schumacher said...

Hahahahaha.....I think you were getting the evil-eye, Diana! Wonderful work.

Vicky said...

I don't have any photos of our current kitty. He's 14 years old and has avoided every confrontation with my camera since he was little so I TOTALLY understand this kitty. Still, it's an adorable painting and a lucky shot!

Gwen Bell said...

Great job, Diane! Love those ears. That's what I call "flight or bite" ears. It could go either way. Lovely job on the fur and eyes!

Diana Marshall said...

Yes Lynda I was getting the evil eye, he wasn't a happy camper!

Hey Vicky it was a lucky shot, he was gone in a blink of an eye.

Yes Gwen I know those ears and if the tip of his tail was flicking too I would have been in real trouble!

Angela Elledge said...

Even though he wasn't happy to pose for you, you've captured that wonderful finicky personality of cats. This is well done, love the muted green background and the subtle lavender grey shadows.

suzanneberry said...

Even tho he wasn't all that pleased, his portrait is perfect! Beautifully done.

Katharina said...

Lol, this one made me laugh. I get that look of disapproval from Blackie almost every time I inconvenience him by pick him up. He seems to say 'Meh!'

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...