Welcome to my blog!
If you don't want to miss a thing - sign up for free posts & see my new paintings hot off the easel by entering your email address ( box in the right hand column).
Thanks for visiting!

Friday, 9 July 2010

1328 ' Is that Rain?'SOLD


11" x 14" oil on stretched canvas   

Here is my next cat painting, one that I started before going on my workshop, another layer of paint and my kitty cat came to life. She is looking out onto a rainy day and wondering whether it would be worth getting her fur wet to venture outside. I am so enjoying painting this series that I can't wait to start on the next one.

5 comments:

Marilyn M. King said...

Diana, I love your cat series. They are so cute but not overly so. Very well painted indeed1

How wonderful for you to have been able to study under Susan Carlin! I'm over here in the US and can't make that happen and you had her come to you! She painted my portrait for Karin's DSFDF portrait swap challenge in 2009. I was so blessed to have her paint me and she did such a beautiful job! The down side was my own lack of confidence in the portrait I painted of her.

Angela said...

That cat is so cute! I love the slight tilt to the head. Great job! Happy painting!

cbuswell said...

gorgeous painting, really lovely feel to it.

Sara said...

This is just too cute. I enjoy your use of texture--the cat has a soft look to it, while the floor looks smooth, and the window is wet with rain. Good work!

sam said...

Hehe Diana, a wonderful subject)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...