Welcome to my blog!
If you don't want to miss a thing - sign up for free posts & see my new paintings hot off the easel by entering your email address ( box in the right hand column).
Thanks for visiting!

Saturday, 19 June 2010

1324 'Can I Join In?' SOLD


6" x 8" oil on gessoed Masonite 
Another still life, another attempt at painting loosely, which is harder for me that painting tightly. I watched Carole Marines video on Youtube and she makes it look so easy, like falling off a log! So I can see I need a lot more practice in that area. Ho hum....

5 comments:

Vicky said...

I wish I could paint a little more loosely also, Diana. It's harder than it looks but you look like you're handling it just fine!

Carol Blackburn said...

Looks lovely to me, Diana....
Isn't it fun to try new things?

Gary Keimig said...

really nice Diane. Love how you handled the background.

Gwen Bell said...

Fantastic job on those backlit oranges...they just glow!

suzanneberry said...

Beautiful job Diana! You've done it! There's so much going on with the light and shadow. Beautifully painted! I wanted to be Carol Marine so badly. I'm awed by her ability too. I think you've nailed it, the background is as interesting as the fruit and the warm glow of that slice on the right is stunning!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...