Welcome to my blog!
If you don't want to miss a thing - sign up for free posts & see my new paintings hot off the easel by entering your email address ( box in the right hand column).
Thanks for visiting!

Monday, 24 May 2010

1312 Split Personality SOLD


6" x   6" =  15 x 15 cms oil on canvas panel framed

I enjoyed painting the last puppy so much I decided to paint another, the ref photo I got from Morgue file a free photo web site for creatives, a useful source when you run out of reference material.
I loved his characterful face and doleful look, he was lovely to paint.

9 comments:

Carol Blackburn said...

Hello Diana,
He looks like a fun one to have around. Someone was very lucky to own him I'm sure. Great painting.

Carol Blackburn said...

Sorry Diana, I don't know how to email you a reply to your comment so I copied it here. I know you can delete it if you want to.

Eventually, I will paint one. Right now working on a portrait of my husband's brother and sister-in-law so am only doing tiny paintings in between for a break. I suppose that's no excuse, I could do a tiny horse. Maybe the shock was more traumatic than I thought, LOL. Lame excuse, huh!

May 24, 2010 7:30 PM

Dana Cooper said...

I really like how you handled the light in this Diana, he's a cutie!

Bonnie Heather said...

Diana this painting is wonderful. You have really captured a character.

Angela Elledge said...

Hello Diana,
This little puppy is adorable, really like the colorful background and the way you handled his ears, beautiful!

sam said...

I love the expression Diana, really nice work)

Lori Bonanni said...

Diana, He's adorable. Love the expression!

Vicky said...

I love the fold-over ear and expression on this adorable pup but I really love your background colors!

Gwen Bell said...

Great job, Diana! What a precious expression. That little floppy ear is so cute. Love your use of pinks and blues and the way you echoed the background colors in is fur.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...