Welcome to my blog!
If you don't want to miss a thing - sign up for free posts & see my new paintings hot off the easel by entering your email address ( box in the right hand column).
Thanks for visiting!

Saturday, 22 May 2010

1311 Sitting on the Dock of the Bay SOLD


6" x 6" - 15 x 15 cms oil on canvas sides painted black 

This little puppy was sitting perfectly still while his owner looked out to sea, I fell in love with him and took a sneaky photo of him, he was lovely to paint and it was one of those paintings that rolled off my brush which was nice as I´m in the middle of  2 others that are hard work and I´m not sure how they will turn out.  I used synthetic flat brushes for this one that annoyed me because they kept turning into shaving brushes the minute I rinsed them in spirits!

6 comments:

Carol Blackburn said...

Morning Diana,
Yes, he is soooo adorable. Isn't it exciting when you see the perfect thing to paint and have your camera along.

Dana Cooper said...

Awww...what a cutie...great job, Diana!!

Claire Beadon Carnell said...

How wonderful that you were able to so beautifully paint this cute little pup!

Gwen Bell said...

What a cute puppy! Love the way you've kept the palette in shades of blue. He has that great puppy look of concentration on the new life around him.

SYLVIANE said...

Beautiful dog!

Christel said...

What a superb painting.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...