Welcome to my blog!
If you don't want to miss a thing - sign up for free posts & see my new paintings hot off the easel by entering your email address ( box in the right hand column).
Thanks for visiting!

Thursday, 13 May 2010

1310 'Simply Pink'

40 x 50 centimeters aprox. 16" x 20"  oil on canvas 

Well I said that I would paint another hydrangea and this one I have been tweaking for weeks, the hardest part were all the little buds and flowers around the main blooms, I was trying not to get too fussy which is very hard for me, so they have been wiped off, painted over and in general were a pain! Well enough is enough and I'm done with this painting at last.

6 comments:

Sharon Wright said...

Well worth all your work, it is a beautiful painting.I love the detail and the bee but I think the asymmetrical composition grabs the attention. Stunning piece.

Silvia Williams Paints Watercolors said...

Hi Diana, I like all your new paintings very much. This one is very interesting. I like the way the small blossoms look behind the major cluster. Also, I just looked at your photo and you look somewhat like Princess Diana in that pose. Hope your life in Dublin has become easier as far as your home goes. Thanks for visiting my blog and the nice words.I did have a lovely childhood.Silvia

Gwen Bell said...

Beautiful and so wonderfully delicate! Those Hydrangea colors can be so hard but you really aced them!

the garden harlot said...

is that supposed to be a lace cap hydrangea, like bluebird ? i love the look !

Mark Granlund said...

NIce job on the hydrangea painting. I agree with Silvia about the clusters behind the petals. Hydrangea can be difficult.

suzanneberry said...

This is amazing!!! I love the blues, pinks, purples and greens, just stunning. It has such an ethereal feeling, light and airy like a fairy tale. Beautiful job!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...