Welcome to my blog!
If you don't want to miss a thing - sign up for free posts & see my new paintings hot off the easel by entering your email address ( box in the right hand column).
Thanks for visiting!

Thursday, 6 May 2010

1309 On the Bridge


8" x 10" oil on masonite

One of the ornate wrought iron bases of the lanterns that grace the O' Connell bridge over the river Liffey here in Dublin, I thought were worthy of featuring in a painting by itself with the river as the view behind it. I couldn't for the life of me think up an interesting title for this one. I enjoyed the challenge of painting all that intricate design.

8 comments:

Sharon Wright said...

Monumental! I agree, very worthy of attention...magnificent painting. A subject like that would drive me nuts, so hats off to you, Diana, I am in awe.

Carol Blackburn said...

That was quite a challenge, Diana, and it looks like to rose to it nicely. Enjoy your day.

suzanneberry said...

This is just lovely! Beautiful ornamentation and the touch of aqua with the blue of the sky and water set off the grays perfectly!

Kay said...

nicely done! love the composition.

Vicky said...

Gracious, Diana! The detail in that structure is immaculate! Great job!!

Gwen Bell said...

Great job on this, Diana! Love the strong shadows and lights. The tight crop and distant view of the river give it a wonderful sense of depth.

Gary Keimig said...

really nice job Diana. Love the design and how you handled the grays

Carol Schiff Studio said...

Beautiful and great composition.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...