Welcome to my blog!
If you don't want to miss a thing - sign up for free posts & see my new paintings hot off the easel by entering your email address ( box in the right hand column).
Thanks for visiting!

Friday, 2 April 2010

1304 'Twinkle Toes'




6" x 6" = 15.2 x 15.2 cms. oil on stretched canvas

Another pair of my daughters sneakers a bit fiddly but fun to paint!
I'm a bit stuck as what to paint next, I'd like to paint something totally different but I'm stuck a bit in a rut. I'm hoping that I will get some inspiration or some direction soon. I'd like to join up with some other painters but as yet I don't know many people here, I'm sure that will come with time.

12 comments:

Marie Theron said...

Cute shoes and very well rendered, Diana!

Gary Keimig said...

great shoe paintings. You are really into something with these.
God bless and have a Happy Easter.

Dana Cooper said...

Good to see you back painting these cute shoes!

Kay said...

I like this one the best!

Millie said...

The socks and sneakers here are so nicely rendered, very pretty. You've got a good collection of colorful sneakers now.

Art with Liz said...

Great serious of colourful shoes Diana!

When I'm really stuck for reference material, I go through the challenge blogs - there is some great reference material in them! Also Saundra Lane Galloway has a whole series of zoo photos she's published for all to paint.

Gwen Bell said...

I NEVER get tired of your tennis shoes and this pair is so great. Love them coupled with the striped socks. Those shoes have tons of personality!

Liz's idea is good...take a break and do something completely different and unpressured to reviatlize. The good thing about a rut is that they never last for long. It always seems to lead to a reemergence of creativity and a breath of fresh air when beginning again. Maybe you're going through a growing spurt? It is Spring, you know!

Diana Marshall said...

Thanks Liz and Gwen for your suggestions, some good ideas there.

Olívia Németh said...

Lovely blog, I love it:)

Katharina said...

They turned out really cute, I love it! Well done, mum :)

Diana said...

HI Diana, I love your sneaker series.. they are wonderful, your sense of humor comes thru as well as balance and great painting. Take care, Diana

Jade said...

This "shoe" series would be great prints for a teenager's or tween's room. I love um!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...