Welcome to my blog!
If you don't want to miss a thing - sign up for free posts & see my new paintings hot off the easel by entering your email address ( box in the right hand column).
Thanks for visiting!

Tuesday, 13 April 2010

1306 'Simple Beauty'




16" x 20" oil on canvas 
This is the first large painting for a while and I find them much harder than small ones, mistakes are larger! I may fiddle with this a bit more in a couple of days we'll see what jumps out at me. I started this painting last year and I wasn't happy with it so I left it and thought last week I would see if I could make something of it.

The ref photo I took last year near Seattle's Science Museum and I have a couple more shots of the same Hydrangea bush of some blooms that have turned pink, I might paint another one similar.

15 comments:

Lori Bonanni said...

Wonderful job on this! My favorite shrub of all time - Lace Cap Hydrangea. If it's turning pink and you want to maintain the blue - add some aluminum sulfate to the soil.

Carol Blackburn said...

Great job Diana.

dominique eichi said...

It is sssssso beautiful !!! Yes, do another one .

Vicky said...

Gorgeous! I feel I could reach out and pick this one!!

Barbara Pask said...

This is beautiful Diana, love the colors.

suzanneberry said...

Diana, this is simply stunning! Great colors.

Gwen Bell said...

Diana, these are so gorgeous. You've attained that illusive, ethereal quality of the actual flower. The colors are so perfect and I love the detail of the small buds in the middle. Masterfully painted!

Katharina said...

I like how realistic they look, and I especially like the different tones of the leaves, gives it depth.

sam said...

I think its wonderful Diana, youve really captures a softness in the flowers

Dana Cooper said...

Wow Diana, this is really lovely. Your color harmony is incredible!

becky joy said...

Diana, beautiful colors. This is just lovely and simple.

Claire Beadon Carnell said...

I am so attracted to blue flowers, so this really caught my eye. Beautifully done, Diana.

Carol Schiff Studio said...

By all means, do another! This is a real masterpiece, just beautiful. You are one talented lady!

imene said...

wow, i love your paintings!

Tanya's Irish Art said...

This is really nice, the leaves to me are much harder to paint then the flowers themselves - you've done a wonderful job on both!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...