Welcome to my blog!
If you don't want to miss a thing - sign up for free posts & see my new paintings hot off the easel by entering your email address ( box in the right hand column).
Thanks for visiting!

Tuesday, 27 April 2010

1307 O'Connell Bridge SOLD


12" x 16" oil on Masonite 

When my dear ol husband was here last week we took the bus to Dublin city center, it was a perfect day weather wise- brilliant sunshine. I was armed with my camera and took loads of pics some to paint from. What attracted me to this scene was the colour of the water and the glimpse of the water on the other side of the bridge. I also waited until the lovely yellow bus was crossing it. This is the Liffey river that runs through Dublin from or to the sea I´m not sure which, probably to.

8 comments:

Carol Blackburn said...

Simply beautiful, Diana. My grandson saw it and exclaimed, "that's a painting!" He is impressed too.

Gary Keimig said...

This is really nice. I like that water and the yellow bus is perfect.

Kay said...

oh such a pretty painting..love it

Vicky said...

LOVE this one! That yellow bus caught my eye instantaneously!!!

Kerri Settle said...

What an enchanting scene. The smooth reflections in the water add a great sense of tranquility, and the further reflects to the back do a great job leading the eye up and to the top of the bridge. The bus is a nice touch, too!

Lori Bonanni said...

This is lovely Diana! I love the detail on the bridge piling and great the way you caught the bus. I've never been to Dublin but it looks lovely.

Gwen Bell said...

Really terrific architecture in this, Diane! The area where the sunlit water touches the water under the bridge gives it such depth. Nice work!

rahina q.h. said...

lovely depth and richness in colours. excellent!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...