Welcome to my blog!
If you don't want to miss a thing - sign up for free posts & see my new paintings hot off the easel by entering your email address ( box in the right hand column).
Thanks for visiting!

Tuesday, 2 March 2010

Moved at Last!!!!

I arrived in Ireland at the beginning of January and my daughter Liza had already found us a small house to rent in Dublin she thought that by the time I arrived she would be moved in, no such luck! It took us another 2 months and and quite a few grey hairs to get the key to actually move in. I won't bore you all with all the details. The house is lovely apart from the fact that the shower only runs cold and dishwasher doesn't work the kitchen had no fridge and the owner of house is not replying to our calls for help. I washed my hair in the kitchen sink this morning that was fun! To top it off my computer, that I had left here a year ago, has died and gone to computer heaven so we managed to get my daughter's up and running, next step is to get my painting room sorted and to buy some work surfaces and a chair and I might manage to start painting again soon, I sure have missed it.

Well enough moaning now, happy to be semi settled for a while and looking forward to slapping some paint onto a few canvases. Howdy to you all and happy painting.

6 comments:

sam said...

Glad you are sort of settling in, ooo cold water cant be good at this time of year! Hope you get to painting soon)

Diana Marshall said...

thanks Sam, the shower magically decided to work yesterday, don't know why, we did nothing different, so I had a lovely hot shower this morning!

Vicky said...

Was wondering what had happened to you! Now get those brushes back to work so we can see some of that inspirational talent!!

Christel said...

I wondered where you were too.
How come you are in Ireland ?
Globetrotters or what ? Keep in touch
Lots of love
Christel

Carol Blackburn said...

Hello Diana,
So glad I bumped into your blog today. I love your work; especially your cow paintings. LOL They just make me laugh they are sooooooo cute. I have done a lamb that I am particularly proud of as it won a blue ribbon in the Oxford County Fair last year. A big undertaking for me as I am a self-taught artist. I too moved to a new place; about 6 yr. ago I moved to Maine from Massachusetts for a simpler way of life. City life was getting too busy. It takes a bit of time to settle in but you'll soon feel like you are "home" ............. I have become a follower and look forward to seeing what you do next. Hope you stop by my blog LIMITED SPACE ART STUDIO as I am looking for artist friends. Blessings on your new home.
Carol Blackburn

Barbara Pask said...

Hi Diana, Glad you are home and getting settled into your new place. Can't wait to see your new paintings as you create them.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...