Welcome to my blog!
If you don't want to miss a thing - sign up for free posts & see my new paintings hot off the easel by entering your email address ( box in the right hand column).
Thanks for visiting!

Sunday, 11 October 2009

1280 'Kickin' Back' SOLD

6" x 6" oil on gallery wrapped canvas
These tootsies belong to Katy my daughter and I have been searching for a subject to paint for The Six by Six Gallery in New York, I bought a submission package and since then have been quite daunted as to what to paint. I am really happy with the painting whew!
Thanks for all the suggestions.. picked one although it was a hard choice!

12 comments:

Sheila said...

I am so amazed with your technique! I could not believe this is only 6x6! "Kickin' back" is what came to mind when I saw this.

Diana Marshall said...

Thanks Sheila, that's a great title,
I like it.

Gwen Bell said...

Great little painting. Love all the different shades of black and the shadows. As for a title...the first thing that came to mind (which is how I get all my titles) was "Cross Tied".

Diana Marshall said...

Thanks Gwen another great title mmmm... that's how I normally think of a title, but for some reason my mind couldn't produce anything I liked.

Linny D. Vine said...

Great painting, Diana! It makes me think of a girl looking at her new shoes while she's leaning back, feet up, talking on the phone.

Debbie said...

Hi Diana, this is a fun little painting! Black and white, with just that bit of flesh tone for color, lots of interesting patterns in the laces and stitching.. My teenage son would call his sneakers "kicks" for fun, so what popped into my head for a title was, "new kicks", or " my new kicks".

Paintings by Irit Bourla said...

Great painting, Diana!
I would call it "Happy Feet"

Diana Marshall said...

Thanks Linny,Debbie and Irit for your suggestions, it's going to be hard to choose now!

dominique eichi said...

"All tied up " or " finally "

Love this piece

suzanneberry said...

Kicks Kickin' Back! Perfect painting, great feeling. I love this.

Dana Cooper Fine Art said...

I love this Diana!!!
..."just for kicks".

Art with Liz said...

What a great painting of an unusual subject! This is really good!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...