Welcome to my blog!
If you don't want to miss a thing - sign up for free posts & see my new paintings hot off the easel by entering your email address ( box in the right hand column).
Thanks for visiting!

Friday, 9 October 2009

1279 'Kayak Point'


9" x 12" acrylic on masonite

Kayak point in Washington is where we went for a days outing at the beginning of the school holidays, and although overcast and slightly drizzley, we enjoyed a pleasant day wandering along the beach. The beach was strewn with drift wood, beautiful shapes and silvery colours, seaweedy rocks and little pools where crabs hid.

For this painting I used only a painting knife and although sometimes I was itching to use a brush, I managed to accomplish it without. The far distant Island is not as blue as in the photograph but I couldn't seem to adjust the colour without turning the rest of the painting either pink or green!

1 comment:

sam said...

You've definitely caught those subtle colours of a grey day. i really like the sky, must have been hard to do with a palette knife?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...