Welcome to my blog!
If you don't want to miss a thing - sign up for free posts & see my new paintings hot off the easel by entering your email address ( box in the right hand column).
Thanks for visiting!

Sunday, 25 October 2009

1286 'By Candle Light'


8" x 10" oil on masonite
+ shipping
As you all probably know that dark paintings are hard to photograph, this is my best shot!
My daughter had taken some interesting pics of herself with her cell phone, by candle light, which I thought would make a different kind of painting experience for me. It was quite different to paint monochromatic and I learnt a lot. I realized that I need to hone my drawing skills as I often use a grid to help transfer an image and without it I have difficulties getting the proportions right.
I am re-posting this painting as I wasn't happy with it and have fiddled with it no end and have got to a point where enough is enough!

3 comments:

Sheila said...

What a lovely young woman! She has such a sense of mystery when she is lit like this. Amazing how you've been able to capture that feeling.

Vicky said...

I agree with the 'mystery' that eminates..almost haunting. Nice!

Gwen Bell said...

So beautiful! The light in her eye is just incredible.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...