Welcome to my blog!
If you don't want to miss a thing - sign up for free posts & see my new paintings hot off the easel by entering your email address ( box in the right hand column).
Thanks for visiting!

Tuesday, 8 September 2009

1266 'Tranquility'

9" x 12' oil on masonite

This is a scene from my visit to the Japanese gardens near Seattle where we fed the beautiful Koi carp with their many colours, they will probably get a painting done of them sooner or later.
We entered the garden in the rain and before we were half way through the clouds parted and the sun came out and made the garden even more beautiful. Not only did the sun come out but also the turtles came out of the water to sunbathe, like this little fella on the rock in the foreground.

5 comments:

Vicky said...

Beautiful...wish I could've seen it in person, too!

Beverly Zajac-Larsen said...

I just love this, its so peaceful! Excellent work!

Debbie said...

what a beautiful painting, so nicely composed. I love the variety of greens in the background and the reflection of the sky in the water.

lilly piri said...

That's a really nice painting. Well done!

Sheila said...

Wow!... I don't know if you'd think it was a compliment but I thought this was a photograph at first. What a lovely and serene image. the stone lantern is perfection.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...