Welcome to my blog!
If you don't want to miss a thing - sign up for free posts & see my new paintings hot off the easel by entering your email address ( box in the right hand column).
Thanks for visiting!

Sunday, 6 September 2009

1265 'Sweet Things" SOLD

12" x 16" acrylic on board

This was a lot harder to paint than I thought it would be, I chose to paint it in acrylics instead of oils which I don't think was a wise choice. I tried out a new wet palett which turned my paint very liquid in a short while which was annoying. I almost didn't finish it as I got more and more frustrated. I guess I have got so used to my lovely oil paints it is hard to go back to a previous medium.

11 comments:

DEB said...

This is lovely! I'm going to try to paint this challenge in miniature...I seem to always miss the deadlines though!

Angela Elledge said...

I'm with you Diana, I found this to be especially challenging and still am not sure what to do with mine. I've walked away from it and hope it fixes itself!

This is wonderful, the shadows are terrific and I really like your touch of warm yellow peeking through. Great job.

Gwen Bell said...

Great job on the challenge, Diana! The blue shadow areas in the icing and the shadows of the cupcakes are so good...I would have never known you had trouble OR that this was Acrylic. It has that nice "oil" intensity.

Claire said...

You may have had some struggles with the medium, but you sure overcame them and produced a fantastic painting. I think your transparent shadows are especially impressive. Beautiful work!

Vicky said...

I would've never known them to have been painted in anything other than oils. They look so yummy!

Millie Nguyen said...

This looks lovely. I could not tell you had felt frustrated painting it. I had frustration...sketching more than painting, with all those curly edges.

Liza said...

Brilliant, especially love the shadows, almost look like watercolour. Super job xxx

maria said...

I also thought it was watercolor. The warmth in the shadows is lovely and very dimentional for the chalenging perspective. I hope I can do the next dsfdf.

sam said...

They look good enough to eat!

Silvia Williams Paints Watercolors said...

Such a good job, as always. Lovely shadows. Agree that the cupcakes were more difficult to paint than it appeared. Good job,Silvia

dominique eichi said...

Great entry for DSFDF. They were not as easy as thought off. Well done

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...