Welcome to my blog!
If you don't want to miss a thing - sign up for free posts & see my new paintings hot off the easel by entering your email address ( box in the right hand column).
Thanks for visiting!

Friday, 18 September 2009

1269 'Pike Place Market'


12" x 15" oil on board

When I was half way through this one, I wondered why I had chosen such a complicated subject and painted it so tightly, although I had cropped it quite a bit. It ended up being quite a labour of love so I have sworn that the next painting will be much looser if I can manage it!

4 comments:

Sheila said...

Wow Diana! I've been to Pike's and you've captured the atmosphere perfectly.

sam said...

It does look a complicated subject, but you have captured it perfectly, all those colours of fresh fruit and veg)

Vern Schwarz said...

Diana, this was indeed an ambitious subject, and you did a great job on it. Love all those healthy looking veggies and fruits.

Dana Cooper Fine Art said...

All those fruit look like blue ribbon winners, Diana! But they only support the wonderfully rendered people in the background...great job!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...