Welcome to my blog!
If you don't want to miss a thing - sign up for free posts & see my new paintings hot off the easel by entering your email address ( box in the right hand column).
Thanks for visiting!

Sunday, 20 September 2009

1270 'Invited Home'

8" x10" oil on panel

I was wandering round the suburbs of Seattle, waiting for my daughter, I had my camera with me, it was a beautiful sunny day and the houses were so interesting, so many different colours and shapes and interesting doorways. I was attracted to the play of sunlight and shadows on the steps and house on this one.I decided to paint a series of doors and houses so this is the first one.

I got some strange looks from passerbys, maybe they thought I was casing the joints for my next burglary. There was even a bloke in a car who went around the block a few times watching me.

12 comments:

Sheila said...

Wow Diana... the way you captured the shadowplay on this porch is fantastic! I don't know if I would have the discipline to do this! I'm in awe.

Sheila said...

okay. I'm back after studying the enlarged view of the painting. It's even more wonderful up close!!

Gwen Bell said...

What a welcoming front entry. Love the strong play of light and shadows!

sam said...

Stunning Diana, the light has a lovely effect-a very inviting home)

Pat Burns said...

You nailed the play of light on this one! There's a man in my hometown that collects door paintings by women...at least he did about 4 years ago. I'll direct him to this.

Dana Cooper Fine Art said...

That bloke may invite you to his house if he sees this...beautiful!

Diana Marshall said...

Thanks everybody for your wonderful comments.
Thanks Pat it would be great to get a sale or two! You are very kind.

L. O'Neal said...

You've won an award for your great work - go pick it up on my blogspot.

LeAnn Whitacre said...

***sigh*** I want to be invited to this house for a ladies luncheon, or an afternoon tea... I lived out there for 2 years, and sunny days are like gold. You captured it perfectly.

Gary Keimig said...

very nice Diane. Looks like you have gotten into a great project doing porches. Has got to have some interesting subjects for paintings.
Thank you for the award. I'll have to figure out what to do with it now. First one of this kind of thing I have ever received.

Nicki said...

This is superb. I really think you nailed the dappled light and I love the composition. I'm looking forward to seeing more!

Christel said...

What a great idea to paint doorways. I love it. Well done Diana, Love from Christel

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...