Welcome to my blog!
If you don't want to miss a thing - sign up for free posts & see my new paintings hot off the easel by entering your email address ( box in the right hand column).
Thanks for visiting!

Wednesday, 23 September 2009

1271 'Gardener's House'


8" x 10" oil on masonite

No 2 of my door series, this has been quite time consuming, so much detail on such a small board. This is such a pretty doorway, I love the lavender colours and the little trowel hanging by the door, giving me the idea for the title.
For some reason it was very difficult to photograph I just couldn't get it square and get the colours right but I got there in the end.

7 comments:

Kerri Settle said...

You really did a great job with packing so much detail into a smaller space. I'm not sure why certain paintings have to be such a pain to photograph; like we need more headaches!

Sheila said...

Ooh Diana...I wish I had the extra cash to buy this jewel of a painting. love all that detail you put in with the open work on the wood, down to the mailbox slot, the slightly turned door knob and the reflection on the door glass . *sigh*

FCP said...

Love the door paintings--they are very inviting; great composition, light and shadows!
faye

Katharina said...

Mumsie,

I know you already have one, but I still want to award you the Kreative Blogger Award :D

Lotsaluv, Katy.

Susan Carlin said...

Wow- You're off to a beautiful start on your series of door paintings. Great idea and gorgeous paintings!

Elizabeth McCrindle said...

Lovely painting Diana has such a nice homely feel to it. Love the little trowel hanging on the wall and the reflection off the garden on the door window nice touch :)

Cathyann said...

Great start to what I know will be a wonderful series!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...