Welcome to my blog!
If you don't want to miss a thing - sign up for free posts & see my new paintings hot off the easel by entering your email address ( box in the right hand column).
Thanks for visiting!

Wednesday, 30 September 2009

1274 'From the Depths'

8" x 8" mixed media on canvas board

Another painting I started not knowing whence it would take me... all I knew was the colours I wanted to use and that I would incorporate metal objects and use plenty of texture. It really gets ones creative juices working when you let a painting just happen.
I was asked to teach abstract painting to some of my fellow painting ladies when I lived in Spain. Well I thought 'that should be easy' but it wasn't, because apart from showing them how to achieve certain effects you can't really teach abstract painting because it stems from one's own creativity and ideas.

6 comments:

Sheila said...

Wow! Talk about versatile ! I love this. Powerful, pensive and simply fresh and unique.

Kellie Marian Hill said...

WOW that is beautiful! the texture is really wonderful, and the metallics really play everything up beautifully :)

Gwen Bell said...

Don't you love it when the painting takes you by the hand and you are off on an adventure? This turned out beautifully! That texture is so strong and the softness of the woman balances it so well...adds mystery as well. There's a story here!

Arti said...

Thats a very unique painting.The texture that you have created is excellent!

Vicky said...

Oh, I do like this one! I agree that it looks very mysterious! Great job!

maria said...

Really an interesting piece. I wish I could see in person all the texture and materials you used. Just lovely!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...