Welcome to my blog!
If you don't want to miss a thing - sign up for free posts & see my new paintings hot off the easel by entering your email address ( box in the right hand column).
Thanks for visiting!

Thursday, 27 August 2009

1262 ' Showing Their Best'


12" x 16" oil on Masonite

This the first painting after a short break while my hubby was visiting us (I haven't seen him since Christmas)
I had rather a weird painting experience as the paint seemed to be absorbed by the board, although it had 3 layers of gesso on it, I used bristle brushes instead of flat synthetic ones and I also used a new brand of white paint. I didn't dilute my paint with any OMS as I usually do either so maybe one of these factors or maybe all contributed to the paint drying so quickly.

Anyway the Dahlias I painted were at a show in a local park, 1000's of them on display in every color and shape, I took loads of pics and decided to paint these beauties.

Post Script:
I have just figured out the problem it was the gesso so in the future I will use acrylic paint over the primer to seal it.

4 comments:

Dana Cooper Fine Art said...

These dalias are lovely Diana, but after reading your post, I am so curious about you not seeing your husband since Christmas?!

Diana Marshall said...

Thanks Dana, to answer your question he works on the east coast of America and is on the road traveling a lot and I am on the west coast with my daughter. So he can't really afford the time or the money (in this economy) for many visits.

Silvia Williams Paints Watercolors said...

Have tried to leave comment on your dahlias unsuccessfully . Hope this makes it. I love them. So colorful. All great paintings.Silvia

L.Holm said...

That's a long time to be away. It must have been good to see him after such a long time.

What a beautiful painting. Turned out brilliantly despite the "thirsty" whites :-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...