Welcome to my blog!
If you don't want to miss a thing - sign up for free posts & see my new paintings hot off the easel by entering your email address ( box in the right hand column).
Thanks for visiting!

Sunday, 12 July 2009

1252 'Relaxin'


8 x 10 oil on masonite
This is my entry for the latest challenge on DSFDF and boy did I learn a lot! I took Karin's advice and sketched it first in my sketch book, I drew it several times and each time getting it slightly better, then I sketched it to the size of my board and then traced it onto the board. It helped greatly to get an accurate figure although I still had to do some more correcting to the final image, that darn chair nearly drove me potty it is still not totally correct but hey it will have to do!

16 comments:

Amanda Carder said...

Really great Job!!! I especially like your fabric and the figure itself looks spot on!

Dana Cooper Fine Art said...

Yours is the first interpretation I have seen...GREAT job Diana!!

rahina qh said...

thanks for sharing your process, i wish i had the patience:) I love the blue highlights on the clothes and shoes and the skin tones work beautifully as does his pose reflecting his age. by the way, the chair looks good to me. r.

Linda Wilder Daily Painting said...

great job Diane!

Edward Burton said...

Wonderful job with the challenge, Diana.

Kerri Settle said...

Oh, this really came out well. The smoother brushstrokes you used work well to create the relaxed atmosphere.

Claire said...

This is beautifully done. I like the space around the man - it all works so perfectly to set him in the painting. Wonderful!

Diana Marshall said...

thanks everybody for your great comments, always appreciated.

Gwen Bell said...

You did such a great job on this! The proportions, particularly the resting hand on the left leg and the turn on the right leg are amazing. His knee is pointing out but that foot is slightly twisting to the right...very tricky and you aced it!

Mark Bridges said...

Great work Diana, on making him feel relaxed.

Tracie Brown said...

well done Diana. keep up the great work! I have you marked as one of my favorite sellers on Etsy too! and thanks for joining my blog... you bet I did the latest challenge! I am having too much fun to stop. :)

Carol Horzempa said...

You did an amazing job on the figure and even the chair looks great! He really looks like he is relaxed and the legs and shoes are great!

Lauren Maurer said...

Nice job on this challenge!

Arti said...

You got the figure very accurate, nice colors too.Great job, Diana.

Glenda Mosher said...

Really nice, Diana!

dominique eichi said...

great entry for DSFDF. I love your new barn too

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...